What Will You Remember?
Review by Elin Spring
"... In her current work... a sense of visceral and emotional uncertainty, conveyed through surrealistic, directional light and painterly layering of moody hues ..."
“Forman’s intuitive image combinations remind us of the potency of resurrection, reverence, play and wonder, as well as the responsibilities of the immediate future...Forman's work fuses antique photography with digital imaging techniques, exploring memory, loss and longing through dreamlike imagery.”
RECOLLECTIONS: Fran Forman is a surrealist photographer who uses the latest computer technology to create digital collages of fantasy, dreams, and memory. She combines past and present in eerie configurations of dark psychological mysteries.
Solo exhibition at The Massachusetts State House
March 16 - June 1, 2017
3rd INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
The Heritage Municipal Museum of Malaga: five of Fran's images were featured as the 1st Prize recipient of the JULIA MARGARET CAMERON AWARD.
“Extended Realities: The Language of Photomontage”
Glassboro, New Jersey
The Language of Photomontage includes work by modern photomontage pioneers Jerry Uelsmann and Duane Michals, and contemporary artists from Maggie Taylor and Joe Mills to Fran Forman and Frank Rodick.
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Washington, DC (2013)
The Grace Museum
Alice and Bill Wright Photography Collection
Abilene, Texas (2014)
North Down Museum
Bangor, Northern Ireland (2015)
Stord, Norway (2017)
- School of Visual Arts, New York, Masters of Digital Photography Master Series
- Photographic Resource Center (Boston)
- Brandeis University Women's Studies Research Center
- Public Libraries: Key West - Monroe County, Florida, Wellfleet, MA, Watertown, MA
- Professional Women's Photography Association, New York
- LA Center for Photography
- University of North Dakota, Dept of Art and Design
- Sunnhordland Museum, Halsnoy Kloster
- The Fix
- North Down, Northern Ireland
- Simmons College (adjunct) 2014
- Castle Hill Art Center - 2015, 2012, 2015
- Brandeis University 2013
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 2010 - 2014
- ASmith Gallery 2014, 2018
- University of North Dakota 2017
- Los Angeles Center of Photography 2015, 2017